FINAL HUG

10:06

I still remember the last time I was in Blok Seroja,with one heavy luggage and a few parcels, which one of them containing kek lapis (layered cakes) of various flavors.My heart was heavy,I felt a lump in the throat, maybe two or three butterflies were flying in my stomach ( I think so).

Walking down the corridor in front of my room, heading to the staircase, I went to Allyssha's room and slid an envelope under her door.Oh my, how I wish I could give a final hug to a dear friend, my closest Sarawakian friend.She has something different than anybody else.I knew it the first time I laid my eyes on her,in physics class at DKA 2.At that moment,I uttered to myself "I want to be her friend".

Little did I know, we both become closer after that as she was elected as the president of our Students' Council and I was her secretary.There was the days, where she came knocking to my room, and we both edited the paperwork together, right at that very last minute!

The night before, Allyssha came to my room saying sorry as she couldn't make it to a last dinner ,a farewell dinner organized by Students' Council.I was really sad T_T

"It's okay then,Allyssha.But I really hope you could join us"

Maybe she had something important,nak but camna kan,kamek sik boleh polah apa kalau kitak busy.

Then,about 10 minutes after someone knocked on the door - Allyssha.

Yes!!! My face lit up with excitement.She joined the dinner.

.....

Dinner was good, Sir Hafiz handed some amount of money to be spent, and all my teammates were there.I love you guys!

Not to forget, my two friends that I hold dear to my heart -Nazira and Nadia Ruqayyah, we shared a lot of good times in Sarawak.

I have many other good friends in UNIMAS,you know who you are ;)

It is 2018 now, I already learnt two great lessons

- NEVER GIVE UP ON WHAT YOU WANT
- ALWAYS COUNT THE BLESSINGS

Allah grant our wishes in ways that we could never imagine.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. i saw my name there!!! thank you dear writer, i miss you too 💓

    ReplyDelete