PEN AND PAPER

03:44

Assalammualaikum.Hoping that u guys are having a blessed Ramadhan.

I have been yearning to write.Writing to heal.Do you know that a writing is a form of therapy for you to express your feeling.I would like to quote this

People who engage in expressive writing report feeling happier and less negative than before writing. Similarly, reports of depressive symptoms, rumination and general anxiety tend to drop in the weeks and months after writing about emotional upheavals. - Writing to Heal by James W.Pennebaker


At the time of despair,pen and paper will usually be the place for me to channel my resentments.And after the time passed,I would read it back and realised how emotionally unstable I have been in those rough times.The good thing is, I am able to see the clear picture of the thing that had cause a rage in me and I felt better.

However, when I am happy,I write too.The best thing about this ,is that whenever I am having a bad day and I need a dose of happiness to cheer me up and remind that this life is not THAT bad, the poems and short personal notes that I made,has been a great motivation.

I have a collection of poems,that I jot down in my notebook whenever I feel like writing.I would always return to the brown crisp pages to reread and feel a whole lot better.

And sometimes,when reading novels and I come upon great quote with meaningful lines,I will copy it as I know that I will definitely need it someday,sometimes.

So,I'd like to share these great excerpts from my fav-go-to-book whenever I am feeling emotional.huhu
Chicken Soup,I love you!

 "A conversation is a risk.A real conversation changes the people who have it.It is about exchanging ideas,considering other opinions,shifting positions.That is why conversations are so difficult ; You risk changing yourself,admitting you were wrong,coming to appreciate the other person's perspective.An honest conversation is about : talking,negotiating,compromising until we agreed on a set of privileges,then we both would have gotten something we wanted" 
- Jennifer Braunschweiger (First Kiss,First Lesson) 

"Instead of seeing judgement in the eyes of others,I recognized the need people have to make a connection and share something about themselves"
-Kent Nerburn (Like People First)

"Life is about who you love and who you hurt.It's about how you feel about yourself.It's about trust,happiness and compassion.It's about sticking up for your friends and replacing inner hate with love.Life is about avoiding jealousy,overcoming ignorance and building confidence.It's about what you say and what you mean.It's about seeing people for who they are and not what they have.Most of all, it is about choosing to use your life to touch someone else's in a way that would never have been achieved otherwise.

These choices are what life is about."
-Katie Leicht,Life Just Isn't.

All these excerpts are taken from the book Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul.
Yeah,I am that girl,going to the library during recess time,pretending to be very absorbed in those chemistry equations and biology theories but 10 minutes after that,I ended up being in either the young adult novel shelves or psychology and history stack of books,trying to crack the code of another human personality.Why is it so hard to understand all of these beautiful yet weird creatures ya?

Then I am having this fights with myself whether to straight away sleep after doing just 1/4 of my work or to read just another page of that Chicken Soup book.Most of the times, I lost the battle and I borrow another Chicken Soup book the week after.Haha.

Another interesting thing to do, when you sought after a new knowledge is by writing it down,be it in a book or a memo,as long as you keep it.We human,tend to forget even the crucial thing that has been reminded countless of times.

So whenever u decided to spend your time watching some educational videos,make an effort to keep a pen and paper by your side.You wil sow the benefit later or sooner.I watched TedTalk and I felt that it is a great loss if I let all those knowledge slipped out of my hands.

This one time, I watched a TED Talk presented by Amy Cuddy who talked about "Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are".

The important mantra in the talk is - 

"Our body changes our mind.Our mind change our behaviour.Our behaviour change our outcomes"

If I did not jot down all these things ,it would be impossible for me to share it with you guys!I might remember some lines,broken lines with missing words which ended up confusing you guys about the real meanings.

p/s : Sometimes in life,we just need to look at good things and let go of the bad ones.Let it go.Let it gooooo (sila sambung nyanyi lagu Frozen ni)

Till then,make it a point to improve yourself during this month which is full of barakah and mercy from Allah the Great.

You Might Also Like

0 comments